Jump to content
1. Valve Anti-Cheat (VAC) Bans & Game Bans
- No VAC or Game bans that are less than 180 days old.
- Groups caught harboring hackers or ban evaders may be banned in whole. This is handled on a case by case basis and all cases are investigated.
- Players with a history of cheating may be banned at our sole discretion, regardless of the age of their ban.
- These bans are usually temporary and can be appealed when they are 180 days old if they do not automatically expire.
- Rusty Moose does not give any exceptions to this rule.
2. Cheating, Exploiting & Ban evasion
- Cheating/scripting is not allowed.
- Purposely abusing bugs may result in a ban depending on the severity of the exploit.
- Going under the map, getting inside of rocks, or going into foundations will result in a permanent ban.
- Using an alternate account to evade a VAC/game ban or Rusty Moose ban is not allowed.
- Baiting reports/egging people on that you are cheating may result in a mute or ban at our discretion.
- Rusty Moose does not tolerate any form of racism on our servers.
- Do not type it, do not write or draw it on a sign, and do not say in in VoIP chat.
4. Personal Attacks & Personal Information
- Rusty Moose has zero-tolerance for the doxing or sharing of information of other players. This can include:
- Sharing pictures of another player or their family without their permission.
- Referring to another player by their real-life (IRL) name without their permission (assuming it is not publicly displayed on their gaming profiles).
- Sharing another player's personal information such as their name, age, location, employment, social media profiles, or these same things about a family member of a player.
- Rusty Moose has zero-tolerance for personal attacks directed at another player that involve their life outside of the game. We are all here to have fun and at the end of the day it is just a game. Please treat it like such.
- Rusty Moose has zero-tolerance for any harassment directed at a player outside of the game. We love talking shit. In fact, we encourage it! However, this banter should be left in the game.
5. Hacker Reports & Hackusations
- Do not cry hacks in any public forum. This greatly reduces our chances of catching the accused.
- Do not spam any channel with "admin!" in Discord. You will be muted or banned.
- All reports should be sent through F7 in game. This will alert all of the online admins allowing us to look into it.
6. Group & Team Limits
- The mini servers are a 5 man max server. If you think someone is violating this rule report them with F7 under the cheating category.
- Rusty Moose Softcore does not have a group limit as it is a gamemode made by Facepunch.
- All other servers have the default team UI of 8 and do not have a group limit.
- If you wish to replace a teammate mid wipe you may do so, pending you follow the following instructions. The purpose of this is to allow newer groups/players to play the game, not for pros to show off their e-dick and have 5 people online at all times. Abuse of this leeway will result in a ban.
- The player being removed must be done for the wipe. You must change every code and clear turret & TC auth.
- You may only replace 1 teammate per wipe. There will be no exceptions.
7. Excessive Spamming & Advertising
- Do not excessively spam global chat.
- Do not CAPS SPAM everything you type in chat.
- Do not advertise your service or business.
8. Disrespecting Staff & Players
- Just because you are hiding behind your monitor does not mean you get to leave your morals at the login screen. Don't be a piece of garbage and try to be a decent human being.
- If your friend broke the rules and was punished for it, don't try to argue with an admin about our decision.
9. Walling Off & Gatekeeping Monuments
- While you probably won't be banned for it, do not wall off/restrict access to monuments. The walls will be removed without compensation or returning of the resources. Quarries and caves are an exception to this.
10. Item Compensation/Base Screw-ups
- As an Official Rust server, we cannot compenstate you for items lost due to bugs, server crashes, or cheaters among several things. Use F7 bug report so that it may be fixed for the future.
- Under the same principle, we also cannot fix any mistakes you make while building your base or if you lock yourself out of your bunker.