This is just an idea that I've talked to with a couple other people.

This is NOT anything that Rusty Moose is planning.

Idea: A VIP only server.

Details: It would either be a server that people pay to play on or be a server that all the different VIP members would get access to. No "free" users could play on it. This would discourage hackers or cheaters from "paying to get banned". 

What are everyone's' ideas or opinions on this?

If I am paying to skip a queue on a popular server, please tell me why I would want to bother playing this almost empty other server?

:wookiee_dance:

• Upvote 1

This has been tried and tested. It failed miserably.

Awhile back Rustafied tried launching their premium servers that were pay-to-enter. They were soon after shut down. They changed their plan from pay-to-enter to "Rust Prime" (taking after CS:GO Prime) where you had to verify your phone number to get on the server. These also failed and were shut down.

At the end of the day you have to remember the demographic that plays this game. It is probably 60% teenagers under the age of 18. There is also no clear benefit to these type of servers anymore. EAC has been doing an increasingly better job at catching the majority of cheaters within an understandable amount of time. This eliminates the biggest appeal that this type of server would have.

I think it's an interesting idea, but not feasible in the current state of the game.