Jexs

We want YOUR opinion. New server? BP wipes?

We want YOUR opinion. New server? BP wipes?  

99 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What new Rusty Moose server would you prefer?

• NA 2x Vanilla (very lightly modded)
    • EU Weekly Wipe
    • NA Monthly (No BP Wipe)
    • BR Weekly Wipe
  2. 2. If we were to change our BP wipe schedule, what would you prefer? *this is not guaranteed to change

• Monthly (what we currently have)
    • Bi-Monthly (every 2 months)
    • Quarterly (every 3 months)

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/01/19 at 04:59 AM

Chad PVPers, roleplayers, zerglings, casual plebs, and everything in between - we need your opinion!

As many veterans of Rust are aware, we are currently in the annual dip of players for the game which always occurs in the months of August and September. No one can really explain it other than you're all trying really hard in school... right?

Regardless, we'll be coming out of that slump soon enough, and there is also a massive game changing update planned for December which will hopefully help Rust smash that 6-figure milestone! With that in mind, we're hoping to make some changes around here before that happens. Whether that be a change to our server roster or a change to our BP wipes (or even something outside of the game perhaps...) we'll be mixing something up. That's where you come in! We'd love your opinion on 2 simple questions listed above.

I'm sure you'll be hearing from us again soon, so stay tuned.

Best,
Jexs & Moose Staff

• Upvote 2

REVIVE ACCELERATED OR FACE MY SQUIRRLY WRATH.... please and thank you.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

First of all if your to do a x2 its gotta be x2 stacks also.  I frequent a few x2 servers and some do not have x2 stacks which makes no sense.  Either x2 across the board (stacks, gather, quarry gather) or not at all.  None of that half-ass shit. 

Regarding bi-weekly BP wipes; if you are doing a X2 server bi-weekly BP is the sweet spot.  I think servers that have group limits such as trio servers or the like should have monthly BP wipes even if its a x2 because of the group limit.  I think any server that is vanilla with no group limit should BP wipe bi-weekly cuz large groups BP up really fast and that is what kills a server.  Not that the large group raids everyone.. that does happen too but the large groups gets bored as soon as they get all the BP's and do a few raids then GG till next wipe.

• Downvote 1

Chasing BP's is part of the game.  You take that away when you dont wipe BP often.   Chads (and a vocal minority) are the only ones that I hear cry about BP's wiping often.  I dont come to Rust to JUST PVP.  There are thousands of other games just for PVP and Rust is so much more.  The longer you stretch a BP wipe cycle the longer your server will be dead   .....bottom line.

• Upvote 2

When it comes down to PVP Chads. All servers are great for that, but making Servers Bi Monthly Will just make the servers even more dead, i would keep bp wipes as is. But instead add a 2x.

What rust is, Its Learning and having fun messing with Zergs Trolling Role players And Teaching new players something new everyday. i think the game is perfect. But when it comes down to bigger groups They get bored more Easily Since they have the Numbers they will gather things Way faster then a solo duo or trio depending on how good they truly are. and once that they have everything They just wait until next wipe. If you do Make a 2x server please making Roaming and Raiding groups to 8. If you are a solo or duo at least give them the chance to defend instead of having a 20 man roll up to your front door. 2x server would take away players from almost every server and im sure it would be more Alive, because new players want something more easy while Vets from 2018 would like a break. Most players get back from school or work and want to Relax and enjoy their time on rust, (Besides the Cheeto Greasy fingers and Half destroyed mouse players Staying up all day and night to Control a server.) i think it would be a very good Idea to add a 2x Server! 

John~ 

• Upvote 1

Fat yes to accel fat no to 2x stacks. Pulling 60k sulfur out of the snow in one run is a complete boner killer.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Wahooka said:

REVIVE ACCELERATED OR FACE MY SQUIRRLY WRATH.... please and thank you.

wahooka furry?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Wojak said:

wahooka furry?

Your profile picture disgusts me and yes he’s been a confirmed furry for years now.

accel is trash and monthly BP Wipes are what make monthly wipes fun for the first week.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Blau said:

Your profile picture disgusts me and yes he’s been a confirmed furry for years now.

accel is trash and monthly BP Wipes are what make monthly wipes fun for the first week.

a literal BLUE CIRCLE

7 minutes ago, Wojak said:

a literal BLUE CIRCLE

you're completely and utterly correct

• Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, Blau said:

you're completely and utterly correct

Admin abuse I did not say that. 

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Flux Reversal said:

Chasing BP's is part of the game.  You take that away when you dont wipe BP often.   Chads (and a vocal minority) are the only ones that I hear cry about BP's wiping often.  I dont come to Rust to JUST PVP.  There are thousands of other games just for PVP and Rust is so much more.  The longer you stretch a BP wipe cycle the longer your server will be dead   .....bottom line.

While I do agree with what he says, I'm still voting for BP wipe every two months on a mod server. I don't mind one month BP wipes but I don't get much time to play during the week so I am almost always struggling. I'd like to see a player limit on a modded server, because if not a big group would just log in one day, farm enough sulfur to raid the entire server and leave after they kill the pop. Kind of like what happened last time we had accelerated. The extra sulfur makes big zergs the big population killer in my opinion.

Furthermore I would like to ask Wojak be stripped of his authority for outing me as a furry, it's rude.

:wookiee_dance:

6 minutes ago, Wahooka said:

Furthermore I would like to ask Wojak be stripped of his authority for outing me as a furry, it's rude.

:wookiee_dance:

That’s what the gif is for then.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Monty said:

The people have spoken. Accelerated is coming back, baby!

So, you consider like 100 people total voting in a community with a discord with around 10,000 people enough votes? Wrong.

• Downvote 1

6 hours ago, Blau said:

So, you consider like 100 people total voting in a community with a discord with around 10,000 people enough votes? Wrong.

Well I'd leave the vote up a bit longer, but when people do not bother voting it means they do not give a fuck. Most people don't even bother to vote for the leader of their own fucking country!

23 hours ago, Dray said:

Fat yes to accel fat no to 2x stacks. Pulling 60k sulfur out of the snow in one run is a complete boner killer.

I'd be okay with zero bonus sulfur.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, superzombieman6301 said:

bruh i didnt want any of these

Too bad. You’re the very very small and non-vocal minority.

On 9/21/2019 at 11:20 AM, superzombieman6301 said:

bruh i didnt want any of these

What would be your preference?

7 hours ago, superzombieman6301 said:

NA 1 week wipe bi weekly bp

There is a appeal to BPs wiping more frequently, as a fresh wipe where nobody has any BPs is most exciting.... But I would still prefer Accelerated 2.0