Sign in to follow this  
RockLocks

Word Filter/Rules list

Hi.

I likely will not check this post for a few days because I fully expect trolls and don't want to waste my life responding.

The servers position on racism is clear, and reasonable. However, without fair enforcement, it amounts to nothing more than lip service.

Moose Main is the 2nd server I've ever played on, the first being a population of about 15 at peek hours. Until moose, I hadn't observed word filters, or auto bans, or even a server rule list.
The first people I encountered was a Filipino clan that mowed me down with bows. Fine. Fair. But without speaking or typing a word to them, they started eating my corpse talking in game about how they intend to kill every white player they see. Fine. A little wierd, but fine. Then they took to chat, asking me where I am from. I said US. they typed in chat "So you're a cracker?". This didn't trigger any auto kick, temp ban, or anything. The toxic behavior continued for over an hour despite only responding twice. No Action was taken.

I re-read the server rules, and checked here on the forums. But much like handicap signs or jaywalking, sometimes things are written but not necessarily enforced. Imagine my surprise when I get warning kicked for typing 'Mah Niggah" in chat to a friend.

I asked in chat upon returning if even that word gets you kicked, and someone responded yes. I asked the chat why that is, when a clan of people called me a cracker for over an hour in chat with 0 consequence. A Orange Named person responded that both my kick and the other players lack of consequence were both valid.

Disgusted. Absolutely, thoroughly, disgusted.

I realize it is unreasonable to expect admins on 24/7.
I realize it is unreasonable to hard code every offensive racist or sexist word out there, and permutations of roots get out of hand fast.

I'm not desperate for equality, and I'm not asking for a personal army on this. I just think if the server position wants to make the claim of no racism or bigotry, it needs to enforce it equally upon the population, not selectively.

TLDR:
Server doesn't enforce racism word filter equally. /wtf

Impossible to word filter the word "cracker" given its completely contextual on whether it's being used as a food or derogatory. We have a report button right up top here.  It's really that simple. 

Our rules are global and don't hold any bias towards different "flavors" of racism.  Just report it.  It's really that simple.

Our team is as close to 24/7 as you can get being that we're still human.  We do look at every single report that comes through.  You just have to report it.  It's really that simple.

Hope I make my point ;)

I'm the only orange name on the team and that doesn't sound like anything I'd say.  Orange names are Facepunch employees.  So I'm not sure what you think you saw or what they told you exactly =/