Sign in to follow this  
Bestle

Suggestions for Main - Slots/VIP

It's come to my attention that the majority of the superior, or higher-ranking (in terms of numbers NOT skill), groups have moved to Rusty Moose - Main. With this in mind, you have clans like F1K, AE, and even SS who account for over 100 players. This isn't counting the other small groups of 5-15 that have no known status, or relevancy. The numbers in these groups not only cluster the slots in the server itself, but also take up the majority of the VIP slots, giving other players remotely no chance at all to play and/or enjoy the server as soon as it wipes. Another thing associated with this problems is map size, which should honestly be around 4.5k according to the amount of groups and players there is within the server.

Anyways, my suggestion (which can be both for Main AND Medium), would be to add a couple more VIP slots and/or up the map population to maybe 400 or 425, of course, this would be assuming you increase the map size as well, which would encourage more gorups, and more competition, meaning more money and exponential growth within the server.

Thank you in advance and have a nice day,

Bestle

@Errn @Jexs @mesmichael @Dray @Wojak 

rust is not stable enough for 400 - 450 pop on the current hardware available, wipes begin to lag around Tuesday on smaller 3.75k maps at 350, let alone 400-450 pop on something like a 4.5 or a 5k

Like mesmichael said.

That and one of the reasons Medium is both smaller in size and pop is to allow smaller groups, who do not want to play with those large groups that you mentioned, a place to play.

Also, money isn't a driver of Rusty Moose.
But if it was, damm do I have some ideas as well.

Don't take any of the comments as your ideas are bad. Rusty Moose just runs different than the rest.

Thanks for the feedback.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Bestle said:

It's come to my attention that the majority of the superior, or higher-ranking (in terms of numbers NOT skill), groups have moved to Rusty Moose - Main. With this in mind, you have clans like F1K, AE, and even SS who account for over 100 players. This isn't counting the other small groups of 5-15 that have no known status, or relevancy. The numbers in these groups not only cluster the slots in the server itself, but also take up the majority of the VIP slots, giving other players remotely no chance at all to play and/or enjoy the server as soon as it wipes. Another thing associated with this problems is map size, which should honestly be around 4.5k according to the amount of groups and players there is within the server.

Anyways, my suggestion (which can be both for Main AND Medium), would be to add a couple more VIP slots and/or up the map population to maybe 400 or 425, of course, this would be assuming you increase the map size as well, which would encourage more gorups, and more competition, meaning more money and exponential growth within the server.

Thank you in advance and have a nice day,

Bestle

@Errn @Jexs @mesmichael @Dray @Wojak 

I think overall you make some very valid points and I like where you're coming from but the technology just isn't there yet. The reason we have always kept main at 300 (aside from doing a 350 stress test this past wipe) is because we treasure the quality that we provide much more than the quantity or the profit.

You're absolutely right in saying that we could bump our player count to 450 and sell 250 VIPs or something crazy but that just has no interest to us at the current state of the game. Now don't get me wrong, if the game itself could offer decent performance at those numbers, I would 100% be on board and it's something I dream about on a regular basis, but we're just not there yet.

My end-game goal is to have a 500 pop (minimum) server with a 6k map (minimum) that wipes rarely. Let the game run it's coarse with decay and whatnot and just see what happens. This would allow for groups to be sneaky about where they put their loot and would allow people to save up for massive raids and PvP fights. Unfortunately, the game isn't anywhere near ready for this type of endeavor, but I hope to be the first one to implement something like this when it is.

I do greatly appreciate your feedback, and it's definitely something we want to work towards, but we can't do more than what the infrastructure of Rust allows us to.

9 hours ago, Code404 said:

Like mesmichael said.

That and one of the reasons Medium is both smaller in size and pop is to allow smaller groups, who do not want to play with those large groups that you mentioned, a place to play.

Also, money isn't a driver of Rusty Moose.
But if it was, damm do I have some ideas as well.

Don't take any of the comments as your ideas are bad. Rusty Moose just runs different than the rest.

Thanks for the feedback.

Group size really doesn't have much weight on my decisions about the servers. People have to remember that this game is 100% structured around working in teams and with friends. People complain about the the game not accommodating solo players all the time, but that's simply because Facepunch can't. There has not been a single feasible concept presented that would remedy the issues surrounding solo players and small groups. With that being said, I definitely think that after a certain amount of people in a group the game just isn't fun anymore, but that is the beauty of the human race. We all have different preferences and ideas about every topic.